In the Kitchen
1. How often do you cook at home?
I’m a big fan of cooking a bunch of food on Sundays so I don’t have to do it during the week. Plus, then I’m prepared – no excuses to eat out!
2. Do you eat more fresh produce, frozen or canned produce?
Definitely fresh in the summer when the farmer’s markets are open. But, I’m in St. Paul, so that doesn’t last long. I go frozen most of the winter because it’s cheaper, tastes better and lasts longer than what we get here in the winter fresh-wise.
3. What are a few unusual staples that can always be found in your kitchen?
I’m not that adventurous, but I try. Right now, maybe quinoa and edamame? I get more adventurous with different types of mushrooms and seeds (ie: chia, flax).
4. Look in your fridge, then tell us about the healthiest thing in there.
5. Now share the most unhealthy thing in it.
Cheese or coffee creamer
6. Do you eat leftovers?
7. Do you use coupons at the supermarket?
Yes! Also have the Target RedCard for 5% off everything!
8. How often do you try new recipes?
I try to at least a couple of times per month. Just posted a new one in my blog last week that was SO GOOD.
9. Do you make grocery lists?
Always always always. Otherwise, I stray and it’s not good…
10. If you could buy one food item that would magically be calorie-free, which item would you choose? I’m just going to be honest here…it would have to be VODKA!