Sunday, January 3, 2016

Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer - Completed!

I did it! DONE! I just finished Phase 3 of Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer.

Here's my recap of the first half of the program: http://wwwmindovermayo.blogspot.com/2015/11/halfway-update-jamie-easons-livefit.html

During the second half of Phase 2, I really started noticing results. I cleaned up my diet a bit more and corrected my macros (more protein). I noticed that I leaned out a bit more and my strength capacity was increased. It was great! I probably enjoyed Phase 2 the most out of all the phases.

I started Phase 3 right along with the holidays. Thanksgiving and multiple Christmas celebrations throughout December were rough on me nutrition-wise. Also, I really didn't like the workouts in Phase 3. Instead of building on the strength that I worked on in Phase 2, I felt like I was taking a step back.

Phase 3 includes way too much static cardio - in my opinion anyway. 30-60 minutes doing static cardio multiple days per week is not the most efficient way to workout. And, instead of increasing weights, Eason increases reps and number of exercises. For instance, you'll do a workout comprised of 10-12 lifts focused only on one or two muscle groups to exhaust the muscles. For each exercise, Eason asks that you do at least 10 reps - sometimes 20 reps - for 3 sets. This means, she wants you to exhaust the muscles by endurance, not by strength.

Again, I'm not saying she's wrong. Look at her! She obviously knows what she's talking about. But, for me, I like to lift heavy doing more sets, but shorter sets. And, I like HIIT workouts rather than long cardio workouts. It's just my preference.

That said, I really liked the second half of Phase 3. Eason incorporated complexes and I really enjoyed those workouts. Again, the cardio was too long and boring for me, especially because I already walk about five miles per day and I stand most of the day at work, which is above and beyond my gym time.

Overall, I'm so happy that I challenged myself with this program. I did a lot of workouts outside of my comfort zone, built strength and endurance and saw results! I could definitely see myself doing this workout again, but I'd probably incorporate some of my own modifications so I could enjoy it a bit more.

For my next workout plan, I really wanted to incorporate complexes because I really enjoyed doing them. So, I'll be lifting six days a week again doing two upper body workouts, two lower body workouts and two complexes each week. One rest day! For cardio, I'll incorporate two-three HIIT workouts each week, continue walking at least five miles a day and getting in my NEAT. And, now that the holidays are over, I'll have a much easier time cleaning up my nutrition.

Looking forward to 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment