Monday, November 2, 2015

Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer - Phase 1 Completed!

I've been reading about Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer for quite some time now. It's always been one of those workouts that I thought I would do when I "had time" or wasn't training for something else like a road race.

Most of the time I write my own workout plans because I've been lifting for 10 years now and I've learned to put together workouts. Plus, I know the lifts that I like, that work for me and the equipment I have to work with at my gym.

 
But, my bike is stored for the winter, race season is over for me and I needed a refreshed lifting workout. It was time! I just finished Phase 1 and I started Phase 2 today! Here's my assessment so far:
 
What I did according to plan:
  • The workouts themselves. I did every exercise prescribed except for a few that I just didn't have the equipment. For those, I substituted easily.
  • The order of the workouts each week.
  • The number of workouts per week. The first two weeks require 4 workouts and the second two weeks 5 workouts.
 
What I deviated from:
  • The days I did the workouts. The plan asks that you do all 4 or 5 workouts in a row. Some weeks that just didn't pan out for me and I had to swap one of my weekend rest days.
  • The diet. For the most part, I'm already eating as the diet calls for. I track calories and macros every day and stick to that as close as possible. That said, I always give myself a free meal every week, which she doesn't. I cut down alcohol significantly, but not 100%.
  • She asks you not to do cardio for the first phase. I didn't do any cardio in the gym, but I usually walk 10K steps per day and I stand at my desk all day long. I also biked and hiked for recreation. I can't help it! :) But, really I did more NEAT than cardio.
 
What I liked:
  • The workouts themselves are great and easy to follow. And, did I mention FREE?!?! I tend to write full body workouts for myself. It was nice to concentrate on one or two areas per workout for a change.
  • In the first 4 weeks I lost 3 pounds and I feel stronger. I notice a difference working my muscles differently.
 
What I don't like:
  • No supersets. I'm not much for resting in between sets. I always like to superset two exercises, so I created my own supersets within her workouts.
  • When people hog the bench and I need it :) But, that is an issue beyond this workout plan.
 
Honestly, I really like this workout. I'm a bit challenged with keeping up 5-6 days a week, but I will make the time to do it!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment