Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Free French Fries

Last night I went out to happy hour with my girlfriends.  I have been doing SO GREAT with my clean eating, that I didn't want to mess it up.  I planned, which is key as you know!  I ate a healthy snack just before I met my friends and planned to eat dinner when I got home.

As luck would have it, the restaurant offered a Foursquare special if you checked in - free french fries. And, not just any french fries.  You could get:

AMERICAN FRIES: straight up with Heinz
PARMESAN FRIES: with a trio of sauces
TRUCKSTOP FRIES:  covered in chipotle cheese sauce
PICKLE FRIES: with horseradish and honey mustard sauces

And, let's not forget:
DISCO FRIES: Canadian 'poutine' style with melty mozzarella, slow cooked pot roast and gravy

Everyone ordered fries - they were free, right, so why not!?!  And, if I hadn't already eaten my cheat meal for the week, I probably would've, too.  But....I didn't!  I came home and ate a healthy dinner.  It was tough sitting there with everyone eating, but mainly because people kept offering me food.  I hate to make a big deal about my clean eating, especially when others are indulging.  I really don't want to come off as being too good for something, but it's not worth giving up my goals.

Just because something is free, doesn't mean it's a good deal.  When I got home, I was SO happy that I planned and stuck to my guns.  I ate a healthy, satisfying dinner and did not miss the fries.  I also missed out on a lot of calories!

Good gravy - literally!  In case you're curious, here's what I passed up! 

DISCO FRIES
Calories 524
Fat 24g (12g saturated)
Carbs 44g
Fiber 4g
Protein 17g
Sodium 852mg




No comments:

Post a Comment