Monday, January 7, 2013

What do you want to be in 2013?

I feel like this is going to be a really good year. I’m not exactly sure why, but I just have a good feeling. Is that a good enough reason?




The last couple of years have not been so great due to many factors, including my attitude. But, I feel like some things are aligning and my attitude has been adjusted appropriately. I really do believe that hard work and perseverance to prevail. And, if I’m being honest, the last couple of years have been filled with more excuses and laziness than I would’ve liked. So, moving on!



My health goals have been pretty consistent for the past several years, so my goals this year are more about “do more of __________”. The knowing what I want part is never difficult, but staying on track to get there and finding the motivation to do so is very difficult. So, for 2013, I will:



Do more learning. I found some writing classes I want to take, which can only benefit you if you are taking time to read what I write :)  I found classes for online/web writing, magazine writing and self-publishing. (Yes, my health & wellness book/guide/writings/whatever you want to call it made good progress in 2012. I’m almost done writing. Hoping to edit in a few months and start the self-publishing process. After all this time, it’s going to be a masterpiece. I promise.)

Do more playing. Do you ever feel guilty just sitting on the couch when you could be doing something productive? Typically, I’m not an advocate for just sitting around. But, the kids are finally self-sufficient, I work full-time, I’m active every day, and there’s the other multitude of responsibilities I have at home and to other people. Yet, I still feel guilty when I sit and watch The Bachelor with a glass of cabernet in hand. No more! I earned it and I deserve to live in the moment and enjoy some relaxation. No more guilt. When work is done, it’s time to play.

Do more for my health – both mentally and physically. This includes:

  • Lifting more weight than ever before. I document my weights/reps/rest for every workout and each week it’s going to change. I’m really going to push myself here!
  • Challenging myself with some new HIIT workouts during the winter to help my summer road race times. If you have a good routine, please share it!
  • Finding a new doctor and a new dentist (I really dislike both of them right now!)
  • Playing my piano more. I found several new songs I want to learn this year.
  • Write more. For something I really love to do, it’s odd that I don’t do it more often. I have been writing my book quite a bit, which has taken me away from freelancing, blogging and journaling. But, I’ve journaled four times this year already and, look at me now! I’m blogging! Now, who’s got a freelance topic for me?
  • Share more. I need to remember that I’m not alone in this journey of health and wellness. I hate to mention reality television twice in one post, but watching The Biggest Loser last night reminded me that there are so many people who need encouragement and education about this topic. We can all help each other lead happier, healthier lives.
  • Overall, feel better about myself. Like most people, I overindulged during the holidays and I have some extra weight to lose. I know this will come with the goals I’ve set above and documenting daily food intake.



I really encourage you to write down some goals for yourself this year along with documenting how you will achieve them. Revisit and revise often. Feel free to share them here! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment