Monday, September 28, 2009

If you don't know where you're going...

... you may end up somewhere else.

I love that saying because it's so true. I am a queen of over-committing and I always have a full plate. I also tend to set expectations for myself that may be unrealistic - especially when it comes to weight loss efforts. In fact, I find that most people do the same.

I'm trying to combat this by setting some realistic and short-term goals for myself. I've been teetering about 3-5 pounds over my goal weight for the last several months. It's as if I've been sabotaging myself for some reason. I find maintaining weight much more difficult than losing weight because you don't have that constant motivation or change happening.

I've been creating some excitement again by writing down and posting different goals for myself - they are always specific, easy to reach in a short period of time and I tack on a small reward if I reach them. Taking these baby steps should help me reach my ultimate long-term health and fitness goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment