Friday, October 30, 2009

Shake it up

Have you been stuck in a food or workout rut? Are you stuck right now?

If so, it can be difficult to get yourself back on track. You may find some inspiration for a few days, but relaxed behavior can easily return if you are bored with your food, tired of your workout routine or both! And, you know what this leads to...

I've recently tried to shake things up to solve this problem for myself:

1) Write out your goals and post them. Remind yourself why you want to be healthy.

2) Find new foods. Try a new vegetable, buy a new cookbook or revamp an old recipe with healthier foods. For me, since I'm always short on time, I searched for some new and easy crockpot recipes like beef stroganoff with wheat noodles and white chicken chili.

3) Try a new type of exercise. I'd been going to the same gym for four years and I recently switched. The change in scenery alone helped a lot! I also tried a spinning class for the first time and found that it was a great cardio workout that I loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment