Sunday, January 23, 2011

What's your excuse for not exercising?

What’s your excuse for not exercising?

I used to be a completely against exercise due to all of the reasons below, but I have changed! I’m not too tired or depressed, I do have time, I can afford a gym membership and I’m no longer embarrassed by my appearance.

Start an exercise routine today. Here’s how to beat your excuses:

Excuse 1: I’m too tired/depressed.
--Working out can help regulate sleep cycles. You will sleep better and feel well-rested. Try a morning workout to feel energized all day.
--It takes energy to produce energy. Even a 10-minute walk will increase your energy levels for up to two hours afterwards.
--Exercising will improve your mood since it boosts your brain’s feel-good chemicals and reduces cortisol levels. Cortisol is produced by stress and is linked to increased abdominal fat.

Excuse 2: I can’t afford a gym membership or equipment.
--You don’t need a gym membership to workout. Find workouts online, in magazines, buy fitness DVDs or rent them from the library. Also, exercising at home eliminates excuses because you are there everyday.
--If you want a gym membership, check with your employer for reimbursement possibilities. Try your local community center instead of a high-end gym membership.

Excuse 3: I’m embarrassed by my appearance.
--No one is paying attention to you at the gym. If anything, people are cheering you on for getting to the gym.
--Baggy clothes don’t have to be a part of your workout wardrobe. Reward yourself with a nice pair of yoga pants and a well-fitting t-shirt.
--Remember that your appearance is improving with each workout!

Excuse 4: I don’t have time.
--Evaluate your priorities. If physical and mental health is a top priority for you, make the time for exercise.
--We are all busy with work, kids and 24 hours can go by quickly. Eliminate television watching or exercise while watching television. Get up earlier in the morning for a workout or go walking during your lunch break. Instead of trying to find time away from your children to exercise, involve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment