Saturday, August 8, 2009

Alcohol Abuse

Friday nights are always tricky for me. It's the end of the week and I'm ready to relax. But, I can't relax too much because I weigh in on Saturday mornings. I don't want to screw up a week of good behavior! Sometimes it's not so easy.

We were outside in our yard Friday night, as were our neighbors. We got to chatting and soon the beers were cracked open. I really did not want this beer! Of course I wanted the beer, but it wasn't worth the damage it could possibly show on the scale the next morning. I took a few sips, but I tried to focus on the conversation instead of the drink I was holding. After the neighbors left, I promptly dumped the rest of the beer out! (If you know me personally, you KNOW this took substantial effort!)

It was worth it. The next morning I weighed in and reached my weight goal for the week! I truly believe that the BLTs count (bites-licks-tastes). Losing weight is directly related to calorie consumption and it shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment