Saturday, August 8, 2009

Why I do wall sits

I spent the last few days at my 12-year-old stepson's baseball tournaments - five games in three days! While they were all exciting games, there were several games going at once. Meaning several people - who spent multiple sweaty hours in the sun, eating cheap hot dogs from the concession among other high-fat nastiness that does not usually come out well on the other end.

Between drinking water all day and having a weak bladder, I had several unfortunate experiences where I was forced to visit the park restroom. Thank goodness I've been practicing my wall sits! I will spare you the in-depth description of my porcelain acrobatics, but I could hover like no other. I was so impressed (and thankful to avoid nasty germs) that I timed a wall sit this morning and managed to hold it for nearly three minutes.

My advice today - practice your wall sits! You will be glad you did next time you visit a public place!

How to do a proper wall sit:

1. Stand in front of a wall (about 2 feet in front of it) and lean against it.

2. Slide down until your knees are at about a 90-degree angle and hold, keeping the abs contracted.

3. To add intensity, hold weights or squeeze a ball between the knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment