Saturday, August 8, 2009

a cup of tar - java - brain juice - mud - mojo - a cup o' joe!

Do you ever find that you need just a bit of caffeinated relief in the afternoon? My long-time caffeinated vice of choice was Cherry Coke. I could go through a 2-liter in one day. ONE DAY! That’s 67.62 ounces of Cherry Coke, which equals 879 calories and 237 grams of sugar. Needless to say, part of the transformation to my healthy lifestyle included giving up soda in all forms with a few exceptions here and there. (I mean, sometimes you just NEED a Coke.)

My primary venue for caffeine is now coffee, which can provide you some health benefits if you drink it in moderation (one to three cups per day). It can lower your risk of Type-2 Diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, and cancer by acting as an antioxidant. It can also help to speed up your metabolism.

What a relief it was to open my email this morning and find this wonderful coupon from Caribou Coffee!!!!! Bliss! Delicious caffeinated relief for only 100 calories!

"Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll have another coffee." ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment