Sunday, August 9, 2009

People think I'm crazy...

...but for the past several weeks I've been getting up at 5:00 a.m. to go to a boot camp class at my gym. It was very difficult at first because I have always done my workouts after my work day. However, now that I'm about two months into my morning routine, I really dig it. I've even gone to class on days that I have off from work!

Why I love it:

I see results!
It's always better to have someone train you to push you to your maximum. I would never push myself this much during my own workouts.

I'd rather get up to workout than get up for work.
Sad, but true. It's much more motivating to get up and start my day with a vigorous workout instead of meetings and emails. I always have better days at the office when I've had a great workout beforehand.

I'm burning more calories.
Studies show that morning workouts can jumpstart your metabolism and keep it going all day. The scale and measuring tape have proven that to me as well!

It's difficult to start the routine, but once you try it, you may like it! I challenge you to start off your Monday morning with a workout. Even if it's just a 10-minute pilates routine in your living room, I guarantee you'll be happy you did it and it will reward you throughout the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment