Saturday, August 8, 2009

Bikram Housework

After my weekend of fun, fireworks and dancing, I had quite a bit of housework to catch up on. The house was empty and I went to work! I cleaned the kitchen, floors and bathrooms and I was really sweating! Now, I was cleaning, however not deep cleaning. Yet, I was just SWEATING! I couldn't figure it out! It was warm outside, but not that warm.


I turned the air conditioning temperature a bit cooler and kept on cleaning. But, seriously - I was sweating like a whore in church. So, I just chalked it up to the fact that I must really be working hard and burning a lot of calories while cleaning - WOOHOO! (And, in clear denial of the possibility of the onset of early menopause!)


My husband came home later and mentioned how great the house looked and smelled. I said, "Well, that's because I worked REALLY hard to clean it. I was sweating!" Then, he mentioned that he had turned the air conditioner off before he left. However, he failed to open any windows!!! (Obviously, I failed to notice it when I turned the air conditioner down as well!)
I guess that explains it. I was not working that hard. I was just doing Bikram Housework (or so I'm calling it!). The good news is that Hatha Yoga (similar in to a slow walk as far as exertion) burns 175 calories an hour. Bikram Yoga is practiced in a room about 105 degrees (similar to my home yesterday) and burns about 630 per hour. Perhaps I can count the same for Bikram Housework?

No comments:

Post a Comment